Bust the Door Wide Open by Joining One of Our OPCMIA Job Corps Programs
OPCMIA NPIJATF Job Corps Program
“The OPCMIA NPIJATF Job Corps program gives underprivileged youth the power to bust the doors of opportunity wide open! Watch and learn more about this outstanding pre-apprenticeship program connecting participants with rewarding careers as plasterers or cement masons. Quality all the way!”
Daniel E. Stepano
General President, OPCMIA
Chairman, NPIJATF Board of Trustees
Job Corps Instructors
Apprenticeships in 2017
Learn a fulfilling craft. Expand your education. Put yourself on the inside track to a rewarding career as a union plasterer or cement mason. Bust the doors of opportunity wide open!
That’s what the OPCMIA Job Corps program is all about — changing your life for the better.
By joining the OPCMIA Job Corps, you’ll enroll in a free pre-apprenticeship program. For 8-12 months, you’ll live at one of OPCMIA’s 35 Job Corps centers. You’ll learn the skills you need for a career as a plasterer or a cement mason, most of it through hands-on experience. And if you complete the program successfully, you’ll be well-positioned to enter the OPCMIA’s world-renowned apprenticeship program — your ticket to a lifelong career in one of our crafts.
Specifically, you’ll receive:
- Vocational “pre-apprenticeship” training in the trade of your choice.
- Free room and board while training.
- Academic training to help you complete high school or obtain a GED Certificate.
- Free drivers education training.
- Vocational counseling.
- Industry tools, work clothes, and personal safety equipment.
- Job placement assistance upon graduation.
- Mentoring by industry professionals.