Bust the Door Wide Open by Joining One of Our OPCMIA Job Corps Programs
Job Corps Instructors
Apprenticeships in 2017
Learn a fulfilling craft. Expand your education. Put yourself on the inside track to a rewarding career as a union plasterer or cement mason. Bust the doors of opportunity wide open!
That’s what the OPCMIA Job Corps program is all about — changing your life for the better.
By joining the OPCMIA Job Corps, you’ll enroll in a free pre-apprenticeship program. For 8-12 months, you’ll live at one of OPCMIA’s 35 Job Corps centers. You’ll learn the skills you need for a career as a plasterer or a cement mason, most of it through hands-on experience. And if you complete the program successfully, you’ll be well-positioned to enter the OPCMIA’s world-renowned apprenticeship program — your ticket to a lifelong career in one of our crafts.
Specifically, you’ll receive:
- Vocational “pre-apprenticeship” training in the trade of your choice.
- Free room and board while training.
- Academic training to help you complete high school or obtain a GED Certificate.
- Free drivers education training.
- Vocational counseling.
- Industry tools, work clothes, and personal safety equipment.
- Job placement assistance upon graduation.
- Mentoring by industry professionals.